Events create waste. People buy stuff, eat stuff, throw stuff away. How you manage this waste, and influencing whether it’s produced in the first place, will have an effect on the overall sustainability of your event.
Reducing waste volume, optimizing onsite waste segregation, achieving participation in waste initiatives by attendees, and maximizing diversion of waste from landfill or incineration should be your goals.
Events are encouraged to see event waste as a resource, rather than a problem to be managed, and to view waste management actions at your event as a resource recovery exercise.
How to Use the Checklist
The checklist includes considerations, self-checks and action items. Consider each point and check off those you have, or will, include in your event waste plans.
To Access the Downloadable Resources:
- Step One: Click ‘Add to Cart’ below
- Step Two: Click ‘Checkout’ below
- Step Three: Fill in your details and click ‘Purchase’
- Step Four: Process your payment using PayPal
- Step Five: Navigate back to the ‘My Downloads‘ page where you can click on a link to download the pdf.