Workshop 1 – Principles & Values
This workshop discusses the principles of sustainable development and to identify and confirm the principles and values that guide your organisation, event or project.
- A bold vision.
- A short list of sustainable development principles and goals which are most relevant to the organisation, event or project.
- New ‘descriptors’ or ‘titles’ which could represent your intention in each area.
This work could potentially offer you the framework or foundations for your sustainability strategy and themes.
Workshop 2 – Local Global Issues
During this workshop you will uncover and discuss global sustainability issues and topics to set the scene for further enquiry into important sustainability topics for your event, organisation or project.
- A shortlist of global and local sustainability issues.
- A bold vision for the event which feeds into those major local and global sustainability issues.
Workshop 3 – What is your why?
This workshop will help you to truly uncover (or decide on) how you can use your event platform for good.
Deciding truly what is your why!
Remember this is not an add-on CSR or charity side-project. This could be the very heartbeat of your organisation and event. It boils down to your ‘why’.
- Deciding truly what is your why!
- Finding your heart project!
- Expanding your bold vision.
Workshop 4 – Issues Identification and Stakeholder Engagement
The aim of this workshop is to go deeper into issues identification and actions to take. to identify your key topics and to build out your sustainability framework.You will draw on the output from the previous workshops, particularly Workshop 2.
This workshop also serves as a stakeholder engagement process, as it is many of the stakeholders are critical to delivering the action you need to produce your event more sustainably. Engaging them in the issues identification and planning process is critical.
- A list of issues for action, prioritised
- The thematic framework for your sustainability approach.
- Engaged, involved and committed stakeholders who now understand and want to go on this journey with you!