The RESPECT camping field is up and running for the third year at the Isle of Wight Festival.
Festival goers can gain access to this beautiful field with it’s unique vibe by signing up on the festival’s website, and agreeing to take their voluntary terms and conditions, known as the Tent Commandments!
In this campers promise to abide by the code of conduct and take their tent and all their belongings away with them after the festival. It’s been spectacular the last two years with only 18 tents left in 2011 and then 3 tents left last year from over a thousand people camping there for four days.
The Tent Commandments
- Thou shalt Love Your Tent.
- Thou shalt not buy cheap, one-use tents, but invest in one that will last for years to come.
- Thou shalt never leave your tent anywhere for someone else to dismantle and take to landfill (recycling facilities for all tent components currently don’t exist)
- Thou shalt RESPECT your tent and the area in which you pitch it, making sure you clean up after yourself……even during and after a weekend of partying at the Festival.
- Thou shalt spread the word and encourage others to Love Their Tent
- Thou shalt clearly demonstrate your devotion to your tent and send evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org (Keep it clean people!)
- Thou shalt love thy neighbour and not disturb them by playing bongos at 4am.
- Thou shalt follow all additional on-site guidelines in order to keep the respect for others and the environment.
- Thou shalt join our community www.facebook.com/LoveYourTent and keep up to date on news from Festival land as well as the chance to enter other exclusive competitions.
- Thou shalt be happy campers and share the love.